Restoring Maat and Gender Equality in Africa
$0.00 – $100.00
Restoring Maat and Gender Equality in Africa is a theoretical course where students will read and write about aspects of the concept of Maat and how the application of the values and practices found within Maat can play a role in the restoration of gender equality in Africa. This course is designed to investigate the values and practices of MAAT and highlight how ancient and pre-colonial women-centered laws can inform modern Africa and the world at large. The course will end with students proposing practical ways to restore Maat centered values in the Africa of today.
- Understand the concept of Maat
- Communicate in broad context about law and justice, and Maat.
- Understand Maat as a concept that will allow us to establish social justice practices
- Evaluate how Maat champions social order and social justice
- Understand the ethics of gender equality from an African point of view
- Evaluate how to position our call for gender equality as a charge for preserving African society as a society with strong ethical conviction.
- Understand how religious institutions contribute to the issue of gender inequality in the African context.
- Make viable recommendations on how we can reconnect with values and practices that support gender equality in Africa.