Geographic Information Systems 101
$0.00 – $100.00
This course introduces the basic concepts and components of a geographic information system (GIS). It will teach the essential skills necessary to operate a GIS infrastructure through the use of GIS software package (ArcGIS and QGIS).
By completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the basic concept and key components of GIS, and differentiate geospatial data from other data sources.
- Understand the GIS data types, data models, and the parameters required to represent geographic objects.
- Create a basic map that will be used as a basis for demonstrations of QGIS functionality.
- Classify vector data and assign different symbols to features based on their attributes. Raster, vector, projections geoprocessing, and analysis.
- Use the QGIS print layout to produce quality maps with all the requisite map components.