The Tourism Planning and Development course is designed to address the technical needs in the large and fast-growing industry of “Tourism”. This course will facilitate and equip the students with the tourism business applicable concepts, strategies, skills, and approaches pertaining to tourism planning and development models at the local community, national, regional and global levels.
1) To ascertain the principles, processes and techniques for preparing local, national, regional and global tourism plans.
2) To discover the roles of various key stakeholders in the tourism development.
3) To appreciate the importance of community participation in tourism planning and development.
4) To share and enforce the values of sustainability in tourism.
5) To start and manage a tour company.